Sexual Health and O-Shot
Many women experience problems with sexual function at some point in their lives. When sex drive and libido drop, sex is no longer pleasurable, or sex has become painful, many women accept it as a normal part of aging. Female sexual dysfunction can occur at all stages of life, and it may be ongoing or happen only once in a while.
Research suggests that approximately 43% of women suffer from Female Sexual Dysfunction – persistent, recurrent problems with sexual response or desire that the woman believes is causing distress or strain on her relationship. With such a high number, unfortunately many suffer in silence. Research demonstrates that only 14% of women ever talk to their physicians about sex.
Types of Female Sexual Dysfunction include:
- Desire disorders —Lack of sexual desire or interest in sex (lack of libido)
- Arousal disorders — Affects 1 in 20 women, difficulty in becoming physically aroused or excited during sexual activity. Women who suffer with this may want to have sex but have trouble in finding the pleasure of sex.
- Orgasm disorders —Delay or absence of orgasm, frustration can lead to avoidance of sex.
- Pain disorders — pain during intercourse (dyspareunia)
This overall number of women who suffer is discouraging, and sadly some women just learn to live with it. There are many causes of sexual dysfunction that include medications, stress, vulvar/vaginal pain, hormonal imbalances, vaginal changes after childbirth, etc. The success for treatment depends on the underlying problem. A thorough evaluation with Dr. Samra-Latif Estafan is the first step towards getting your sex life back!
O shot Vaginal Rejuvenation
O-Shot ® procedure uses an all natural way to boost your sexual sensation. Using a simple injection of an extract of Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) derived from a fresh sample of your own blood, it has revolutionized the approach to vaginal rejuvenation. PRP is composed of your own blood and works by releasing growth factors that stimulate your stem cells to produce a healthier tissue that is more sensitive due to the production of new blood vessels, nerve cells and collagen. Women now are enjoying the benefits of the O-shot, even experiencing an orgasm for the first time! This simple injection of your own blood in the vagina has been found to have numerous benefits:
- Increase in sex drive and desire
- Increase in arousal
- More frequent orgasms
- Stronger orgasms
- Increase in natural vaginal lubrication
- Decrease pain with those who suffer from dyspareunia
- Decrease in urinary incontinence (leakage of urine)